Yup! Summer is here again! What have you been up to? Been working hard to get your summer body together? Or you have been like, “Bleh, the weather is too hot. Let’s get this over with already!” It doesn’t really matter if you are excited or indifferent about summer. But you know what may put you in good spirits? Some of the best cannabutter recipes for summertime, of course.
All About Cannabutter, Recipes, and Summertime
There are various ways with which recreational users and patients can consume marijuana. And cannabutter (cannabis-infused butter) is one of the most popular and effective ways of accessing the complete offers of cannabis. After all, you can add this butter to practically any recipe and craft the perfect edible. Scientific research has indicated and continues to explore the boosting effects of lipids (read: fats and oil) on cannabis, which appear to make CBD and THC readily available for bodily absorption. Cannabis is often administered in lipid-based pharmaceutical preparation or with fat-containing foods to boost its potency.
Let’s leave all that aside. Now that you know that lipids (read: cannabutter) are a great way to boost the effects of marijuana, you know what would make a good summertime activity? Again, you are right: trying out the best cannabutter recipes would!
Before we dive into the recipes, let’s have a quick look at how you can make your cannabutter at home and activate a good measure of THC or CBD – depending on the strain in use.
The Best Cannabutter Recipes: How to Make Cannabutter at Home
If you don’t have cannabutter at home to use and want to try out these recipes, don’t worry, you can make some yourself.
Prep time: 2 – 3 hours
- 1 cup of water
- 1 – 2 ounces of ground decarboxylated cannabis
- 1 cup of butter
- Decarboxylate the cannabis. This process breaks down the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, respectively. Preheat the oven to 245°F, and then place your cannabis buds on an oven tray covered in parchment paper. Set your timer for 30 – 40 minutes with the buds in the oven. Stir buds occasionally, bring out when ready, and grind.
- Mix water and butter in a pan or pot. Set to low heat and allow the butter to melt.
- Add your ground cannabis when the butter has melted. Allow the whole mix to simmer (do not boil) on a 160°F to 190°F heat for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain the mix. You may strain the mixture when it has cooled off. We recommend using a cheesecloth funnel. Do not squeeze. You may put the resulting cannabutter in a fridge or freezer to preserve.
The Best Cannabutter Recipes
Double Chocolate Cannabutter Brownies
Sit back, relax, throw a chocolate party in your mouth and let cannabis smoothen the rest of the day for you.
Serving size: 16 brownies
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1/4 cup (21 grams) natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of Cannabutter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- Butter your 8×8 baking pan with cannabutter, then dust a very thin spread of cocoa over it.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cannabutter with the dark chocolate in a bowl, then place inside the oven to melt.
- When melted, bring out the bowl from the oven, and add your vanilla, salt, sugar, and molasses to the cannabutter chocolate mix.
- Add the eggs—one at a time, mixing the batter thoroughly after adding each egg. Beat the batter for 5 minutes, until a little fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour. Bear in mind to sift the flour with the cocoa powder before adding to the cannabutter chocolate mix.
- Pour the batter into your pan (in step 1) and place in the oven, allowing the brownies to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until the top becomes glossy and starts cracking.
- Bring out and allow to cool before dividing into 16 brownies.
Not your regular brownies but just as rich and great in taste, leaving a savory caramel taste on your tongues. For those who do not fancy chocolate, this may top the list of best cannabutter recipes.
Serving size: 16 pieces of blondies
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 ounce (or 2 tablespoons) of cannabutter
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix cannabis butter, brown sugar, and unsalted butter in a bowl until evenly smooth. Then add your vanilla extract and mix some more. After which, you should add your flour, sea salt, and any other flavoring extract of your choice (such as mint, coconut, raspberry, etc.) and beat the batter until it is evenly thick.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Then pour the batter into it and place it in the oven. Allow to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until the top is glossy and cracking a little. You can confirm the blondies are ready when you poke it with a toothpick, and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Bring out the blondies when ready, and allow to cool before cutting into 16 pieces.
Vegan-Friendly Classic Cannabis Brownie
Arguably, this could be regarded as one of the top best, if not the best cannabutter recipe for brownies in the vegan community. More importantly, it is pretty easy to prepare. Use vegan cannabutter or cannabutter made using coconut oil.
Serving size: 16 pieces
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of vegan cannabutter
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of dairy-free dark chocolate
- ⅔ cup of unsweetened soy, almond, or coconut milk
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of self-raising baking flour
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Line your 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt the dairy-free dark chocolate. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, then place it into a pot of hot water.
- Mix the self-raising baking flour and unsweetened cocoa powder in a mixing bowl, then sift. Add your caster sugar and sea salt into the sifted mix, and stir.
- Add the vegan cannabutter, vanilla extract, the melted dark chocolate, and soy milk. Stir the batter until it is evenly smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan, place it in the oven, and allow to bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Confirm it is ready by poking with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into 16 pieces.
Cannabutter Fudge Recipe
You are not all about brownies or baked stuff? Let’s try something else – fudge. After a hot summer day trying not to melt under the heat, it may be nice to come home and have a piece of cold fudge melt in your mouth instead.
Serving size: 12 pieces
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb of cannabutter
- 2 lbs of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- Dried fruits or nuts of choice
- Mix the powdered sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
- Melt the cannabutter and peanut butter in a pan, using low heat.
- Mix the melted butter with sugar and cocoa mixture in the bowl until evenly smooth. After which, you can add your dried fruits or nuts if you have any.
- Line a flat pan with parchment paper, then pour in and spread out the fudge in the pan so the surface remains as even as possible.
- Place the pan in the fridge for about 3 hours or until the fudge is firm. Bring out the pan and cut the fudge into pieces – 1-inch pieces, preferably.