Medical Marijuana Missouri Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about MMJ and how Elevate Holistics can help you obtain an MMJ card in minutes. Money back guaranteed.
Is medical marijuana legal in Missouri?
Yes, medical marijuana is legal in Missouri. In 2022, residents also voted to legalize recreational marijuana, making cannabis fully legal in the Show-Me state for adults or those with a Missouri marijuana card.
How do I apply for my medical marijuana card?
To apply for your Missouri marijuana card, you will first need to have a board-certified physician fill out and approve a Physician Certification Form.
Then, you will take this certification to Missouri’s Complia application portal, where you will apply for your Missouri marijuana card.
How long does it take to process my application?
The state requires 30 days to process an application for a Missouri marijuana card.
How often can you go to a dispensary?
There isn’t a specific limit on how many times you can visit Missouri dispensaries. Instead, there’s a limit on how much product you can purchase. Missouri marijuana laws state that cardholders can buy up to four ounces of dried, unprocessed cannabis — or its equivalent — within a 30-day period.
Some patients may require more cannabis for their medical conditions. If this is the case, you must have two different physician certifications that state how much cannabis you need each month.
In Missouri, what conditions qualify for a medical marijuana card?
Below are the qualifying conditions for a Missouri marijuana card:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder, if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- Any terminal illness AND/OR
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating, or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia and wasting syndrome.
How long does it take to get a Missouri marijuana card?
From start to finish, the process of getting a Missouri marijuana card can take anywhere from two weeks to one month. The state has exactly 30 days to process your application, but it usually happens faster than that, depending on the number of applications.
Table of Contents
Ready To Get Your MMJ Card?
With Elevate Holistics, medical marijuana doesn’t have to be intimidating. Our process is quick, affordable, and done entirely online. It’s never been so easy
Want to learn more about cannabis?
We’ve got all the canna-resources for you. Below, you can scroll through our common medical conditions pages, MMJ FAQs, and our constantly updated blog.
Elevate Holistics’ blog is the one place you will need to access all the latest news and information about the world of cannabis
You’ve got questions about medical cannabis and all of the laws associated; we’ve got answers. Here is the state breakdown.
What medical conditions qualify for an MMJ card in your state?
Find out here.