There’s plenty to be thankful for in this season of gratitude when you think about cannabis. From the remarkable health benefits to the euphoric, blissful buzzes, there’s a lot we can appreciate about our special green plant. So, drop the regular Thanksgiving routine this year and spice up your menu with cannabis! Yes, that’s right: your enjoyment of cannabis is not limited to just what you get at the dispensary; you can infuse it with your homemade magic too. Elevate Holistics has researched and gathered some Thanksgiving cannabis recipes for you and your 420-friendly loved ones.
Let’s show you how to wow your guests this turkey day.
Before We Start, Here’s What to Know About Cannabis and Thanksgiving
Before we get started, we need to state some essential points.
- Cannabis effects are a personal experience that differs from person to person; people react differently based on tolerance or body system. Also, the effects are different depending on how you consume it. You will not get the same effect from smoking and edibles, as their potencies and administrations are quite different.
- It’s Thanksgiving, so there’s the possibility you’ll overindulge. Have some cannabis-free meals you can safely eat as much of without feeling sick.
- Make sure to inform anyone sharing your meal that they contain cannabis.
- Avoid eating cannabis on an empty stomach or mixing it with alcohol; the effects can be more intense.
- To avoid consuming more cannabis than you intend, microdose the dishes so that you can eat different meals and still stay within your cannabis consumption limit.
You can enjoy this multipurpose dining treat in more than one way. You could use it as a turkey drizzle or pair it with your mashed potatoes. We got this recipe from Cannadish.
- One tablespoon of cannabis butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups of roasted Turkey juice
- ¼ cup of skimmed fat
- Put the skimmed fat in a big pot and apply medium heat so that it can melt gradually
- After the fat has melted, add the flour.
- Stir the mixture until fat and flour is well mixed
- Gradually pour in the turkey juice and simmer till it has achieved the desired consistency, then add salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp of Cannabis butter.
You can’t make a Thanksgiving meal without oil and butter. For that extra zing, infuse your oil and butter with cannabis. You can make cannabutter in the comfort of your kitchen; just follow the recipe.
- One ounce of dried cannabis
- Two cups of butter or two cups of oil. It could be coconut, canola, olive, peanut
- Grind up the marijuana till it’s very smooth
- Place a large saucepan of water on the stove. Put enough water so that the marijuana floats two inches from the bottom of the pan at all times.
- When the water boils, add the butter and let it melt completely
- After the butter has melted, turn down the stove and add your ground cannabis. You have to be patient at this stage because the mixture has to cook slowly on low heat for about three hours. Stir the mixture every fifteen minutes.
- After the mixture has cooked, it will have a thick and glossy appearance. Strain it with a double-layered cheesecloth.
- Allow the hot mixture to cool, then place it in the refrigerator until the butter and water have separated. The butter will have risen to the top layer and become solid.
- Use a knife to lift off the top of the mixture, which contains only your cannabutter. Place it on a clean surface and scrape off any water still present.
This classic Thanksgiving meal is the main course of the day; you can give it a heady twist with a simple tweak in the preparation process. All you have to do is add cannabis oil when you’re basting your turkey, and you’re good to go.
What’s Thanksgiving without the ever-present mashed potatoes? A few simple ingredients and an easy-to-follow recipe, and your ultimate Thanksgiving side dish is ready. We can thank Leafly for this one.
- Boiled potatoes
- Black pepper
- Crushed garlic
- Cannabis butter
- Regular butter
- Warm milk
- Add milk, Cannabis butter, regular butter, and salt to the boiled potatoes and mash everything together; it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the crushed garlic and season to taste.
Cannabis-Infused Salad Dressing
Give the humble salad a zesty twist with cannabis. Infusing your salad dressing with cannabis is straightforward and doesn’t require elaborate work, unlike preparing cannabutter. This is probably the easiest one on our list of Thanksgiving cannabis recipes. This recipe comes from Cannabis Cafe.
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- One small shallot, finely chopped
- One tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Two teaspoons hemp seeds
- One teaspoon agave nectar
- One teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup canna-oil
- Mix all the ingredients except the oils in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in the oil
- Your yummy cannabis salad dressing is ready to be served.
Cannabis-Infused Cream Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie, another staple of the great American Thanksgiving tradition, gives you another opportunity to wow your guests and your senses with a delicious, heady, cannabis-infused dish. Top off a memorable day of cannabis-infused culinary delights with this dessert to create a lasting experience. Thank you CannabisNow for this great Thanksgiving cannabis recipe.
- 9-inch pie tin
- One teaspoon of powdered ginger
- One teaspoon of powdered nutmeg
- A teaspoon of maple extract
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Four tablespoons of ice water
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon of cane sugar
- One can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 stick sweet butter infused with Cream Caramel
- 2 cups of canned pureed pumpkin
- One teaspoon of ground allspice with ½ teaspoon in reserve
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One stick chilled sweet butter
Pie Crust Preparation
- For the crust to set properly, start the dough the night before or an hour before you start cooking.
- Mix 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, cane sugar, and salt.
- Cut the stick of butter into tiny pieces and drop it in the bowl. Mix the whole mixture by hand until the butter has blended with the dry mix. Add in 4 tablespoons of ice water and combine until the mixture has blended completely.
- Roll the mixture into a round shape and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or for one hour before cooking.
- When you’re ready to cook, spread flour on a clean surface and roll out your dough on it, then transfer to your 9-inch pie tin. Pinch the edges to form a crust on the top.
Pie Filling Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Pour the 2 cups pureed pumpkin, condensed milk, two whole eggs, Cream Caramel cannabutter, maple extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger, and mix until It is thoroughly blended.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your pie crust and lightly sprinkle the entire top with the 1/2 teaspoon reserve of allspice.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 55mins. Bring it out, let it cool, and it’s ready to be served.
Cannabis-Infused Cranberry Sauce
How about some tasty cranberry sauce to go with your turkey? We’ve got one for you in our Thanksgiving cannabis recipes.
- 1-2 teaspoons of Cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- One stick of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your cranberries and put them in a bowl along with sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon stick in a bowl and stir.
- Hear the mixture at medium temperature and cook for 10 to 15 minutes; stir it frequently to keep the sauce from burning.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick, add cannabutter, and stir the mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Let the sauce cook, and it is ready to be served.
Infuse Your Thanksgiving Cannabis Recipes With Elevate Holistics
At Elevate Holistics, we’re more than just your resources for great Thanksgiving cannabis recipes. We pride ourselves on our wealth of experience and skills when it comes to medical marijuana. We understand that it can be a heady journey, and you need a steady hand to guide you through it; that’s why we’re here.
Our process is fast, convenient, and secure as we commit to serving your cannabis needs, from getting your MMJ card to finding a licensed dispensary. We put you first this Thanksgiving and every day forward.
If you’re ready to get a medical marijuana card in your area, we can help you get the medical recommendation you need. Find your state below and book an appointment today.