The Wedding Cake strain, also known as the Pink Cookies or Triangle Mints #23, is one of the most popular cannabis strains in the U.S. and Canada — its popularity is even gradually spreading across Puerto Rico, the U.K., and South Africa.
But, what makes this cannabis strain so good? Why is everyone seeking this dessert-like bud?
Let’s find out. Here’s everything you’ll need to know about the Wedding Cake strain and what it offers.
Wedding Cake Strain Information
Below are some fundamental highlights of the Wedding Cake weed strain:
- Wedding cake weed strain type: The Wedding Cake is an Indica-dominant hybrid formed from a cross between Triangle Kush and Animal Mint. It is about 60% indica and 40% sativa.
- Wedding cake genetics: It is the birthchild of a cross between Triangle Kush and Animal Mints
- Wedding cake strain THC level: The Wedding Cake strain THC level ranges from 22% to 27%. However, the THC level rarely surpasses 25%.
- Wedding cake strain CBD level: Wedding cake contains a negligible amount of CBD, ranging from 0.1%-0.25%; it has more CBG. The Wedding Cake has CBG content ranging from 0.25%-1%.
- What are the terpenes in the Wedding Cake weed strain? The dominant terpenes in Wedding Cake are beta-caryophyllene, limonene, humulene, and myrcene.
- The aroma and flavor of Wedding Cake: This strain is a mix of various flavors and aromas that might leave you confused. Consumers report hints of vanilla (vanilla cake), peppery, earthy, sweet, and tangy orange aroma and flavor profile.
- Growing Wedding Cake weed at home: The Wedding Cake does well when planted in a sea of green. That is, growing many small Wedding Cake plants in a small indoor space. With this method, you can expect your plants to bud in 9 weeks, yielding about 18-21 oz per square meter.
What Does the Wedding Cake Strain Taste Like?
Given its flavor profile, the Wedding Cake weed strain is a blend of many tastes. Therefore, it’s a bit hard to pin a particular taste to its name.
Additionally, many breeders cultivate Wedding Cake across the globe. Hence, the taste may vary due to changing environmental conditions. Basically, if you’re searching for “Wedding Cake strain near me,” bear in mind that it might taste differently from the one you had in some other taste.
Some connoisseurs believe that the taste of Wedding Cake weed strain is in itself a process – a rite.
First, it hits you with a sweetness reminiscent of a typical dessert or what you would expect from an actual wedding cake.
The sweetness quickly transitions to a vanilla flavor, which disarms you before it hits you with strong notes of earthiness. Some persons report that the earthy taste transcends into a sour taste.
What Does the Wedding Cake Strain Look Like?
As with the taste and as is common with most other cannabis strains, Wedding Cake adopts a variety of looks depending on where and how it’s grown.
Typically, when you look at Wedding Cake closely, it is rich with amber-colored trichomes interspersing a lush of dark and light green buds.
From a little distance, a bud of Wedding Cake looks more golden (amber) than greenish.
Now that you know the taste and look of this incredible strain, what are the Wedding Cake strain effects to expect?
Effects of Wedding Cake Strains
Although the taste and look of Wedding Cake may vary depending on where you’re buying it, the Wedding Cake strain effects remain pretty much the same.
Despite both connoisseurs and patients considering the Wedding Cake THC levels to be high, this strain leaves most persons feeling very relaxed.
But there’s something else more peculiar about this strain; due to its high limonene content, it can ramp up your sex drive. And indeed, many people do take Wedding Cake strain for arousal and claim it aroused them and boosted their sexual experience.
Other common Wedding Cake strain effects include:
- Increased appetite (munchies)
- Happiness (or, more precisely, feeling giggly)
- Improved focus
Given its effects, the Wedding Cake weed strain is good for patients who are suffering from the following:
- Appetite loss due to any number of conditions
- Attention deficit disorder
- Chronic pain (thanks to its high THC content)
On the other end of things, the adverse effects of Wedding Cake mostly manifest as dry eyes and dry mouth.
It may also come with the following minor side effects:
It is important to note that because the Wedding Cake THC level is high, it’s not the most appropriate medical marijuana option for a novice.
In addition, it is long-lasting and fast-acting! One or two puffs of high-quality Wedding Cake weed strain could be all you need to start feeling its effects.
Two to three more puffs could leave you couch-locked and maybe paranoid throughout the day.
With edibles, the standard advice is to go slow and low, starting with a 2.5 mg dose and limiting yourself to 5 mg, even if you can handle your weed.
Why is the Wedding Cake Strain So Popular?
Most persons who are querying their search engines with “Wedding Cake strain near me” usually embark on that quest after learning of Wedding Cake’s popularity.
Leaves you to wonder, why is the Wedding Cake strain so popular? Why does Wedding Cake strain have so many awards? Is it because of the high Wedding Cake strain THC levels or because of Wedding Cake strain effects? Is it mere hype?
Well, various aspects of Wedding Cake strain culminated in its massive popularity across weed-legal U.S. states and countries.
From the cannabis business side of things, Wedding Cake is popular because of its trichomes, which are rich and abundant in well-grown Wedding Cake plants. It also has a flavorful terpene profile.
As a result, cannabis product manufacturers find it a perfect strain for making weed distillates and extracts.
These are also part of the reasons the strain won 17 U.S. awards between 2017 and 2021, including the SoCal High Times Medical Cannabis Cup award for “Best Hybrid Flower 2018” and the 2019 Karma Cup award.
Among medicinal and recreational consumers, the reasons for its popularity are quite diverse, covering the following:
- It’s fast-acting and has long-lasting effects
- It is highly potent
- The strain is great for managing pain
- Wedding Cake has sweet, vanilla-like flavors and aromas with an earthy undertone, which makes it ideal for cannabis DIYs
- It sometimes works as a natural aphrodisiac
The History of Wedding Cake Marijuana Strains
If you hang out long enough in any section of the U.S. cannabis industry, you’ll easily notice that the history of most great marijuana strains and ideologies is either simply unknown or shrouded in secrecy. And that’s the case with the Wedding Cake weed strain.
For a long time, one of the common narratives about Wedding Cake was that it is a cross between Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie. Thanks to its delicious flavors typical of the assumed parents – G.S.C and Cherry Pie – this narrative held up for a while and is still a common belief in some circles.
However, one thing is certain: Wedding Cake was originally bred by Seed Junky Genetics, California.
And according to Jbeezy, the founder of Seed Junky Genetics, it is a phenotype of Triangle Mints (a cross between Triangle Kush and Animal Mint), which is why it is also known as Triangle Mints #23.
Wedding Cake Strain Near Me
The Wedding Cake marijuana strain is a top-shelf medical cannabis that you can find in some medical dispensaries near you.
With your medical marijuana card, you can access and purchase Wedding Cake in most MMJ dispensaries.
Don’t have a medical marijuana card? No worries! We can help you complete your medical marijuana card process in the next thirty minutes.
Our services are affordable, 100% online, and hassle-free – we have over 100,000 medical patients to attest to that!
Click here or the button below to get started.