Getting your Oklahoma Medical Marijuana License is about as easy as it gets when it pertains to MMJ laws around the United States. The list of qualifying conditions is long and you're able to see the doctor without official records + over the phone. Check out this page to learn how to get a medical marijuana card in Oklahoma.

How Elevate Holistics Online Process Works in 3 Easy Steps:

Step 1: Set up an appointment with our Oklahoma MMJ physicians by calling 918.879.6155 or SCHEDULE ONLINE HERE. Medical records are optional meaning all you have to complete prior to your appointment are our intake forms in your patient profile.

Step 2: Get certified via telemedicine or by visiting one of our partner locations around the state. The best part is that you don't have to download anything, just click a link and you'll be in a virtual waiting room. After you visit with the doctor, you will receive an official medical marijuana certification form.

Step 3: Either pay us to assist with the state application or send the completed paperwork to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority and receive your Oklahoma medical marijuana card in 7-17 days. When you register you'll need to have a picture of your ID, your physician recommendation, and a picture of yourself.

Video of our process:

Some frequently asked questions are below:

Q: What are the qualifying conditions?

A: Oklahoma’s medical marijuana law, SQ 788, clearly states that “there are no qualifying conditions.” Instead, a physician may follow the same judgment they would use to prescribe any other medication. Conditions commonly treated with cannabis medicine include:

  • Chronic pain
  • Cancer
  • Severe Nausea
  • Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
  • Glaucoma
  • Neuropathic pain disorders
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Terminal illness
  • Spasticity
  • Muscle spasms
  • Anorexia and bulimia
  • Inflammation
  • Cachexia and wasting syndrome

Q: Can veterans obtain a medical card in Oklahoma?

A: Yes! You'll pay $85 and that includes OMMA account set-up. If you're 100% disabled, you get a steep discount and only pay $22.50 to the state at time of final submission. 

Q: Will insurance cover the fees involved with the MMJ programs?

A: Unfortunately no. You do receive a discount when you submit your application to OMMA if you're on SoonerCare, Medicare, Medicaid, or a 100% disabled veteran.

Q: Will patient registration status be made available to the public?

A: No, you are protected under HIPAA Laws.

Q: Am I allowed to grow medical cannabis in Oklahoma?

A: Yes. Qualified patients will be allowed to grow up to six mature plants in their private residence, in addition to six immature plants (seedlings).

Q: How much MMJ will I be able to own and purchase?

A: Under SQ 788’s proposed regulations, licensed patients can:

  • Grow up to six mature plants and six seedlings
  • Carry up to three ounces of marijuana on their person
  • Own up to one ounce of concentrates and 72 ounces of edibles
  • Possess up to eight ounces of cannabis in their residence

Q: Where are the dispensaries going to be?

A: Dispensaries will be located throughout the state. You may visit any dispensary in Oklahoma with your card.

Q: How much is the fee to register in Oklahoma?

A: The OMMA application fee is $100, and it will need to be renewed every two years. For applicants that qualify with Medicaid (SoonerCare) or Medicare benefits, the application fee is $20. These application and processing fees are non-refundable. The payment will not be refunded for applications not approved.

Q: How long does it take to receive my MMJ card?

A: Unless additional documents are required, all completed applications will be either approved or denied within 30 days of receipt. This usually takes 7-17 days to receive your card in the mail if you've been approved.

Q: May I choose my own caregiver?

A: Yes. Under qualifying circumstances (which can be found on the application), licenses will be granted that provide a designated caregiver to licensed patients (you will need to provide valid, documented information as to why you need a caregiver).

Q: Can I apply if I live out of state?

A: Yes you may, residents of other states outside Oklahoma that hold a valid MMJ license in their HOME state may apply for a temporary license to “buy, use, and grow” medical marijuana from an Oklahoma dispensary. The license will be valid for 30 days, and cannot exceed the expiration of the out-of-state MMJ card. Temporary Oklahoma MMJ licenses can be renewed.

Q: How long does my patient license last?

A: A patient's license is valid for two years from the date it is issued unless the license is revoked by OMMA. Temporary licenses for out-of-state medical cardholders last 30 or 60 days.

We're Your Glass Half Full Cannabis Doctors!

Q: How do I apply online with OMMA?

A: Applications and payment will be collected through an online system. This system is available at OMMA.OK.GOV. You will need a valid email address to login to this system. This email address will be used to send notices once you create an account.

Q: Who will check my MMJ card?

A: A medical marijuana identification card and another form of identification should be presented any time you purchase medical marijuana at a dispensary or have marijuana taken to a processor to be concentrated. Law enforcement may also require your identification card to prove you are licensed to legally use and possess medical marijuana.

Q: What are my rights as a patient with a MMJ card?

A: Under SQ 788 & the emergency medical marijuana rules, patients who hold a medical marijuana card have the right to:

-Enroll in school without rejection based only on cardholder status

-Rent an apartment without eviction or rejection based solely on patient status
Work at their place of employment without discrimination for having a card or testing positive for marijuana

-Receive healthcare without disqualification merely due to medical marijuana treatment

-Visit or have custody of their child without denial only based on patient status

-Hold a state-issued license without suspension on the sole basis of cardholder status

However, your patient card does not give you the right to:

-Use or possess marijuana at your place of employment without recourse

-Work, live or learn somewhere that could face loss of a monetary or licensing benefit under federal law due to your patient status

-Sell or distribute marijuana to others without a commercial medical cannabis card

Contact our compassionate team today using our contact form:


Interested in getting a medical card in Arkansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, or Maryland? Click the state and you'll have all the information you need.

Additional patient resources:

How to book an appointment in Missouri with Elevate Holistics – 

Check out our fellow advocates at 10Buds! Cannabis Doctors: Experts in the Medical Marijuana Field – by Guy Sherman – Where and How to See the Best Cannabis Doctor In Your State | 10Buds

Interested in caregiving in Oklahoma –

Need your card renewed?

Have questions about gun laws in Oklahoma?

Home cultivation questions?